In accordance with Customs Code stipulations, the following goods are to be declared in writing and are mandatory to be submitted to the customs authority:
- mobile cultural goods, those that have a cultural, historic or artistic value at the moment when they leave Romania;
- species belonging to wild flora and fauna;
- guns, ammunition, explosives, radioactive and nuclear materials, strategic products as they are mentioned by special laws;
- drugs or substances with impact on the human psychic, as well as their precursors, biologic or mass-contamination materials, pills that contain drugs or other substances that affect the human psychic, essential chemical substances, as well as toxic substances;
- cash in amounts that exceed 10.000 Euro / person as they enter/leave the Community.
The declaration is to be submitted on a special form provided free of charge by the customs officers, at travelers request.
Failure to declare the above mentioned goods has as a consequence criminal or contravention penalty.
When entering Romania, the following goods are to be declared by passengers coming from a non-EU state, in case they exceed:
- 100 cigarillos (cigars weighing 3 gr/piece);
- 50 cigars;
- 250 g of tobacco for pipe;
- 1L of alcohol and alcoholic, distilled drinks, as well as spirits containing more than 22% of alcohol, or proof spirits that contain 80% alcohol or more;
- 40 cigarettes;
- 2L of alcohol and alcoholic drinks that contain alcohol less than 22% of their volume;
- 4 liters of wine;
- 16 liters of beer;
- 50ml eau de perfume;
- various goods, others than the above mentioned, within the limit value of 430 Eur / traveler.
Values exceeding those limits must undergo taxation, VAT, excise or any other tax due to the State' budget at the moment of their introducing into the free circulation in Romania.
Phone/Fax: +40 259 428434
For details, please visit the website: